Water grid losses are a common and severe worldwide reality. As water grids involve energy intensive processes, these losses represent high waste levels of freshwater and energy.
As per our studies, the problem of losses in Municipal water grids can reach 83% in some parts of Portugal.
The SiTAPE System is an Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things platform developed to reduce water losses and energy consumption, while supplying advanced telemetry to control the water grid and ensure water quality standards. This results in efficient water grid production and management. As a by-product the installed systems produce clean energy that further reduces water grid management costs and improves sustainability.
SiTAPE System delivers a problem-solving holistic approach unlike any other solutions on the market. Our cutting-edge technology supports a set of features including:
- Flow Management: Water losses are detected and communicated to the control system, which intelligently oversees actuators to regulate water pressure and flow. They are also able to close it off completely in response to the detected anomaly. It can even reverse the flow when necessary to divert water to another section of the grid.
- Water Monitoring: The system monitors and transmits the pertinent data to the hub. This includes readings of water turbidity, pH, ORP, conductivity and free chloride concentration.
- Water Grid Control: The remote control platform,using Big Data analytics, empowers the water grid manager to make efficient, real-time and data-driven decisions.
- Electrical Power Generation: Our micro-turbines are installed in the existing pipelines and use the potential energy of the water flow to produce electricity. This can be used to power the system itself, as well as to debit the excess to the electrical power grid (representing additional potential earnings). The more irregular the orography, the more energy that can be produced.
The SiTAPE system contains a micro hydroelectric system connected to the power grid and to our server system. These turbines are installed in existing water pipelines through a standard flange type connection. The micro hydroelectric system, called the SiTAPE-PWR, is a turbine of our own design, connected to an electrical generator, with internal bypass valves and a main aperture valve, all incorporated in one body and with an integral controller.
The SiTAPE-PWR system feeds back sensor data to our servers, where the Artificial Intelligent algorithm (SiTAPE-EAI) takes action by sending instructions back to the SiTAPE-PWR system. These instructions are to control any pressure loss imparted by the turbine, control the aperture of the Iris valve, or alter the closed/open condition of said valve. The result is an accurate control of the water flow and pressure. We can also control the function of the turbine-generator to act as a pump to reverse the water flow in the water grid pipes.
At Floating Particle, we support our clients from the first steps through the implementation until the follow ups. We are here to answer any questions and arrange everything that is needed for a flowing process.
As a first step we arrange a meeting with our potential client to learn about each other. We introduce our services and listen to their needs. We propose a customized solution and schedule a plan about the common work in the future.
Following our first meeting, the next step is to create the preparatory study. This service is essential to understand the current statement of the client’s facilities. In the Study of Client’s grid system we diagnose the efficiency of the operational process, such as the water collection and distribution network. As an outcome, the client receives a report with information about the efficiency levels and the KPIs. This report is our starting point to create a customized plan and prepare the solu- tion for the installations. Also, it provides the base for comparing the KPIs which will measure the impacts of the changes.
The SiTAPE-PWR systems can be installed in series in the pipeline branch. The number of systems installed in each branch depends on the water pressure availability and pipeline length. To increase flexibili- ty of integration with existing pipeline systems, we are currently proto- typing three main models of turbine-generators, differentiated by their diameters (150mm, 300mm, 450mm) and generator output power.
The installation plan considers the customers daily operations, offering a flexible and easy implementation.
In the post-installation phase of the SiTAPE platform, we provide the following services for control and measurement.
- SaaS: Control and Telemetry
- SaaS: AI platform (SiTAPE-EAI)
- SaaS: Energy production (SiTAPE-PWR)
- Support service: FloatingParticle provides assistance service in the post-installation phase, accompanying the customer for as long as desired.
Floating Particle has a strong commitment to quality in its products and services. We carefully choose our suppliers based on quality standards and certification requirements. Safety and quality are priority from the first contact with the customer through all further follow-up phases.
Installing the SiTAPE technology is an investment worth taking. Thanks to the reduced energy waste and increased efficiency of the water grid system, the advantages will be visible very quickly.
The reduced costs and the additional potential earnings by using SiTAPE system provides the client with a fast return of investment.
During our cooperation one of our dedicated project managers will be selected as your point of contact. Our colleague will be responsible for the flowing communication, the management of the process, and to answer any upcoming questions.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or telephone.